School is done. Student work contract is done. Time for more knitting.
So, here’s the update on my Quadrillion sweater: I have now finished knitting the back of the sweater.
It was very easy to do with a 2×2 rib at the bottom and an all-over seed stitch for the body. I did the back first because the front pattern was getting confusing with all of the different cables and their different number of rows/stitches. I needed a break and to come up with a better way of keeping track of the cable patterns before going back to the front of the sweater.
I mean look at it:
It is a mess of different patterns. I love it, but I hate it right now.
Perhaps it is because I am a bit frustrated with the front of the Quadrillion sweater (or that I want to avoid working on it) that I decided to start something new! I started working on the Amalia shell pattern by Quince & Co with Shibui’s Staccato yarn in Abyss. This yarn is so soft and will have a lovely drape to it once it is worked up in this pattern. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it feels to wear this beautiful top when it’s done.